New here Message board Forward to friends

• View author's info Author Posted on Oct 05, 2013 at 08:23 PM

My name is Chey, I am a mom and grandmother,

I always thought I was tall but gosh, there are alot of very tall women on here!! 

I have a hard time finding a tall guy.. short men want tall women and tall men seem to want short women. For me? most of my relationships have been with shorter men with a couple of exceptions and I never really knew the difference until I hung out with one of my tall male friends.. with the shorter men, they seemed to treate me like a man.. instead of cherish me.. didn't protect me, cover me. My tall friend kissed me on the forehead (wow that was so awesome) and treated me so tenderly and was like a big bear.. and I felt little for the first time in my life. I have never wanted to date anyone my height or shorter since. Also he has to be a man no matter what because , just like I have heard other tall women say, we can chew a man up and spit them out if they don't know how to handle us.. 

So why is it that tall men want short women? and why do short men want tall women? it makes NO sense..I am 5'9 and wear heels.. so I think I get about 6 foot tall. 

Follow - email me when people comment
  • 4Comments

• View author's info Posted on Feb 13, 2014 at 12:52 AM

Aww- lol, Funny, I grew up the short guy, and never really "Noticed" how tall I was until after a started to embody (myself). Now I'm 6' 5" attractive and have a nepolian complex in some reguards. To be fair I'm heavily into balancing, and masculine/feminine energy balancing.

Opposites will always attract my motto is "everything that exists, only exists to be appreciated by something!" 'We' as humans only have 3 options when we see something breathtaking. Fight it (by ignoring it, shunning it, or maliciously questioning it) Flight from it (by distancing ourselves, creating barriers, or watching it for agressive behavior) or appreciate it- as in the raw definition of appreciate. 

• View author's info Posted on Jan 15, 2014 at 01:24 PM

As for the other question as to why shorter men go for taller women, it's for a variety of reasons. Some because it goes against the norm. Some men just find height to be an attractive quality in a potential mate (no different then men who go for women with curves or a certain hair color). Some men might think the way you do (wanting to feel little, having someone else also looking out for them. That might make them less "manly", but it is a reason, and not all girls want guys to cawdle them, some are more independent). Maybe some are just not willing to settle that tall men can pick up any height girl, but because of genetics they are SOL.

I'm personally in the second group I mentioned with a little mix of the last, I think tall girls are particularly attractive compared to shorter ones. And like JDRide said, character trumps height. I don't need a few more inches to be a good enough or manly enough person to try to win the hearts of girls I like.

It's also possible that you treated the shorter men different then the taller one you met as well. Did you get more timid with the taller one? You can trigger even a short man to make you feel small in his arms laying down on the couch if you aren't treating him like a boy for his height. Not accusing you of it, just throwing an often overlooked factor out there. 

Don't mean this post to sound aggresive at all (us short men seem to have a bad reputation for temper). Just wanted to give a complete answer.

Hope that helps with your question!

• View author's info Posted on Jan 14, 2014 at 07:10 PM

I think some tall men perfer short women because tall or taller women intimidate them. Im 6'4 and I attract men of all shapes and sizes but I noticed that tall men are more hesitant to approach me. They usually watch from afar or wait for a sign that says im not rough, masculine,and/ or aggressive. Some tall men feel funny standing next to me, I guess I make them feel like less of a man or something. some men feel the need to challenge me in some way (usually basketball). Then there are those who admire my height and are in a awe.

• View author's info Posted on Oct 09, 2013 at 04:49 PM

Hi Chey,

I have to say, speaking from the experience from my prior marriage, I chased my wife to be until she caught me.  This was a "Tall guyw/Tiny woman" relationship too, and I hope that I learned a lot from how we lived and ended many years.

I think the most important part of your partner isn't the height, but the character of the person.  That said though, the height issue is a serious want for some, including myself.  Were I to look afresh, the stature is a major attractant, but character trumps height any day.

As George MacDonald once wrote, the worst storms in life are those we hold in our hearts.  It is possible to tear each other apart, to be selfish or spiteful, or misunderstand the actions of others.  What we do with that is our decision.  I want my next realtionship to be built on trust and respect.  Where my partner knows without a doubt that she is loved and sheltered from storm.

Follow - email me when people comment