Why do people message others who live 1,000+ miles away?? Message board

• View author's info Author Posted on Jun 06, 2010 at 12:47 AM

Hi all:

I was just wondering why do people whether they are men or women message others that are like 1,000+ geographical miles away from them?? I got a WINK from a PEBBLES333 tonight that lives in Salt Lake City, UT which according to the profile is 1,657 miles away from me since I reside in Pittsburgh, PA. Liked her profile, would love to go out with her after some chat here if it panned out, BUT EVERYONE KNOWS that's never gonna happen.

SO, WHY DO THIS???

I look forward to all and any responses.
    Follow - email me when people comment
  • 8Comments

• View author's info Posted on Mar 12, 2014 at 03:28 PM

They are the ones willing to relocate or they probably think you will.

• View author's info Posted on Oct 27, 2013 at 05:18 AM

I would tend to agree with Lucy, that there may be an interest in moving toward the other person.  Since I live in an area with real Winters, a move to a warmer/drier climate could be a real possibility.  Or if someone wanted to move toward this area, same idea.  I am not tied to Wisconsin/Minnesota now that my children are grown.  At least not as much as I am tied to anything in life, we have to give it all up some day.

• View author's info Posted on Oct 26, 2013 at 04:25 PM

I live in the uk but message guys in th US because I'd eventually like to relocate there. You control your destiny and if you message someone and there is a connection then it's your job to make sure you meet. Your quitting before you've even started, give yourself a chance to learn about someone and cross those bridges when you come to it. Sounds like you'll stay in one town forever. 

• View author's info Posted on Sep 06, 2012 at 08:14 PM

Sometimes persons want to meet people of other cultures and social background for a new experience which could possibly lead to a lasting relationship.  Of course some would have to relocate.  
    A lot of guys indicate in their profile that location isn't an issue, so if it's an issue for you just say so.
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 26, 2010 at 08:32 PM

Perhaps they are considering a move to your area? Maybe they plan on relocating?
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 22, 2010 at 11:33 AM

Some people have nothing holding them back though, like me. If I met someone in another state, we then met a few times in person and things continued to go well online and on the phone, I could just pick up things and relocate. Most people can't do that easily, but there are those who are willing. I moved out of state for someone and we had a 3 year relationship.
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 07, 2010 at 01:02 AM

hey there author...yea I GET that all the time no matter what site im on....and even more oddly its usually a not so atractive femail from 3 states away....vs the cute ones in my OWN city...those folks...have there NOSES SO FAR up in the AIR and wont even reply back...figures as much.
    GRRR
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 07, 2010 at 01:00 AM

hey there author...yea I GET that all the time no matter what site im on....and even more oddly its usually the HOMELY looking ones from out of state...vs the cute ones in my OWN city...those folks have there NOSES SO FAR up in the AIR and wont even reply back...just unreal...but SO not surprised. GRRR
Follow - email me when people comment