Are any of the other tall ladiees experiencing this? Romance

• View author's info Author Posted on Nov 14, 2009 at 07:52 PM

I'm not that tall at 5'10" but my 2 bestfriends and the female co-workers with whom I sometimes hang-out are all in the 5'3" to 5' 6" range and I've constantly felt that the males with whom we all interact are constantly (albeit I suspect sub-conciously) treating me like I am less feminine than these other women. It's not something as obvious as not holding a door per se, but it will be behaviors or comments that suggest I don't need help or protection from a guy like not paying attention to whether or not I make it through a crowded area or not being as concerned about whether or not I can handle getting back to my car. Even the women treat me as though I am less feminine than they are with comments like "oh you are so the perfect friend, why couldn't you be a guy so we could date?" or expecting that I'm going to hold the door or carry more bags or some other nonsense. Ugh I feel so petty but the behavior is pervasive and really irritating. I do have it together but at the end of the day even the most put together person wants to feel loved and appreciated. Anyone else have this problem?
    Follow - email me when people comment
  • 20Comments

• View author's info Posted on Jul 09, 2015 at 12:36 AM

I'm a 6'5" woman and I FREQUENTLY experience misgendering.

You would think having curves would do the trick, but no.

I've gotten so many "Sir--uh--ma'am"s in my life.

So annoying. I just wanna feel feminine!

• View author's info Posted on Feb 21, 2013 at 11:00 AM

I am 6 ft and I never let anyone make me feel less feminine. Most of my good friends are operate they just embrace the amazon woman in me and understand also your confidence is what attracts the attention.
  • View author's info Posted on Dec 03, 2012 at 02:45 PM

I look at all the tall ladies photos in here, and as a 6 foot 3 male, I got not complaints, the next time short people try to give you crap, just stand up and look down at them, and laugh, then strut off laughing, you ladies are fly, and sexy. Furthermore, like the one young lady said, whats a few more inches, wear the 3 inch or hire heals, it makes you look more, how do you ladies say, feirce.  Love you tall women, fa-sho!

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on Nov 11, 2012 at 04:15 AM

jessekay,Iwould love to know your size chart.  I am 6'3" tall have big boobs and am a big  women. people not only stare, but I have been using a public restroom when a lady bangs on the stall door and yells at me... its the womens restroom and she is calling the police.  hows that for making one feel very unfeminine?
  • View author's info Posted on May 09, 2012 at 02:53 AM

I'm 6'8" and both of my serious girlfriends have been tall (5'11" and 6' respectively). One of them carried a little weight on her, she did get bullied in school so she told me but it was never a problem when I was with her. The other one however I was appalled at how many people inferred she was masculine or a transsexual etc I can only surmise this was through jealousy from both men and women because I thought she was absolutely stunning and I can't have been the only one since she did plenty of amateur photo shoots and got a lot of male attention too. So I can only imagine jealousy is the major motivator.
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 15, 2012 at 07:47 PM

TO BROWNGIRL007:
    I think you're right, people that have the nerve to say something must be so envious that it just gets the best of them because nothing is ever said to the short ones!!!
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 08, 2012 at 02:21 PM

I'm 6'1 and have been made to feel less than feminine my entire life. I suppose it doesn't help that I have a very exaggerated female body type, and I get asked if I'm a transsexual or a drag queen quite often. I've actually been in a drag review with some male friends of mine because I make a perfect drag queen! I'd like to think I don't have a masculine face and I don't believe I do, but I'm also not slender like a runway model like most people 'think' taller women should be. I have boobs, and I have hips, that's not changing :)

I guess it doesn't help that I love wearing 4"+ tall heels. I get a lot of negative comments about it, but I figure that I'm already super tall, a few more inches don't really matter.
  • View author's info Posted on Feb 12, 2012 at 12:02 PM

I have dealt with this my whole life. I often feel like I'm a delicate demure woman inside of this tall body. No one will ever treat me like this, and I've accepted that. however, its absolute bollocks that at my job, my supervisors always make me do all the heavy stuff a guy should be doing! Every other woman in my department NEVER gets asked to move boxes and stock things EXCEPT me. It's so humiliating and I absolutely hate it...
  • View author's info Posted on Dec 22, 2011 at 09:27 PM

As a 6' 5" well built male I guess I never really thought about how you tall/big girls feel. I enjoy a tall or bbw woman. We as a human race are pretty disrespectful of our fellow humans.

A simple thing to remember; people love to in validate others to justify themselfs.

Girls stand tall, show your stuff. I'll be standing tall and winking at ya ! all the shorties wont be able to see !
  • View author's info Posted on May 10, 2011 at 11:15 PM

I agree with a lot of what was said here. I am 6'1" and the short girls always get the tall guys. The shorter girls always get the attention etc. I can also say that there are cses where the average 5"8" man is interested in me too. It is hit or miss but never seems to be anything I am looking for. I dont wait for only tall men just the right man just not too short. My average does seem to be 5'8". Im rambling but sometimes being tall is a pain in the neck. Guess no one is fully happy...tall, short, fat, thin, et. we are always looking to change something. Good luck t all of us in inding hapiness and pants long enough haha
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 12, 2011 at 03:37 PM

I have the opposite affect or is it effect? But I am 5'11 very feminine, graceful and often told that I am so sexy & have the sexiest walk for a tall woman. What ever that means. But the problem that I do have is short men that are 5'8 or shorter approaching me but can't meet a man over 6'3 that are interested in dating me. They prefer 5'6 to average height women. Hmmmm....
  • View author's info Posted on Nov 20, 2010 at 01:35 PM

I have no friends close to my height. I am 6'1" and my best friend is 5'3". Needless to say, I always stay seated...LOL

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on Nov 04, 2010 at 12:10 PM

AGREED! This is how it is. Most of my friends are around 5'2...and I'm 5'11. I like being tall, but not for this very reason. I do notice, however, that if I go out with the one friend I have who is an inch shorter...we both attract men like crazy. So...I have no idea. Maybe shorter women are more desireable?? No clue. But I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who's dealt with this! :)
  • View author's info Posted on Oct 21, 2010 at 12:04 PM

ALLY5213. I wish that you live closer to Mass.
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 17, 2010 at 04:24 AM

Hi Ladies,

Sorry to intrude but I decided to give you a man's take on the subject.

First, I'm 6'8" and have never even gotten to date a woman who is less than a foot shorter than me. I've even had women refuse to dance with me because of my height. UGH!
    I agree with your comments about how you're treated. I'm treated pretty much the same. I get soooo tired of hearing short men claim they would be in the NBA if they ONLY had my height. BS If you were any good, you'd already be a star. At work, I'm always the one to do anything high but then I also have to do the stuff at the bottom. What gives? At least be fair and have someone short do his share.
    Tall or thin are fair game but we have to be sensitive to short or fat. Lord help a tall, thin woman around other women- "You need to eat more" and "I wish I could be as skinny as you." They could at least make up their mind. I expect some of you have a harder time finding clothes than I do. But you're still expected to have a full wardrobe.
    I would love to know you and give you the chance to wear the tallest heels you can find. And you are welcome to hang onto my arm (for balance of course) all night long.

Best wishes,
    John
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 26, 2010 at 08:54 PM

Wow it is really great to hear that other tall women understand how I have been feeling my whole life. I am a 6'1 and have been an athlete all my life. Even though I love sports, I definitely love being a girly girl. I am always so confused by the fact that guys never come up and talk to me when I am out. Not that I think I am the hottest thing out there, but I know I'm not ugly. I see shorter girls that are not that attractive, getting tall guys that are adorable. My friends and family say to me all the time how great it would be to be as tall as I am, but they don't understand how hard it is for me. I go to a bar and only 3 guys are taller than me. Guys treat me like just one their buds (maybe because I can beat them in sports and probably know more about sports than they do lol). Wish I knew what to do. But it does make me feel better that other people are in the same situation!
    Allison

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on Jul 22, 2010 at 03:38 PM

I'm 6 feet tall and have felt this way my whole life. I love pink and am girly (sometimes I wonder if this is an attempt to overcompensate). I will be with my friends who are shorter (even 5'8" or 5'9") and they will get hit on by everyone and I'm just ignored. And I'm just as attractive as they are and they don't understand why I never get treated the same way. I have never worn heels taller than 2 inches, and I very rarely wear those. I feel self-conscious in anything with any sort of heel at all (even my running shoes that have about a 1" sole). This makes me sad because I love fashion and always want to wear high heels, but if I am scared that someone might think that I am not a woman (but some sort of cross-dresser). I know that's kind of irrational, but it is my greatest fear that people are thinking that about me. So I wear the flatest of flats that I can find. I do have so much respect for those tall women who aren't afraid to wear heels and think they are beautiful, I just don't have the guts.
  • View author's info Posted on Jun 07, 2010 at 10:39 AM

So I'm 5'9 and yes I know that's not tall by this site's standards but hear me out anyways :)

I stand 5'9, am small-medium framed and love to wear heels so I could be anywhere from 6 to 6'1 on any given day.
    Well, just the other day, this chic at work says ...after realizing I had 4 inch heels on, "You're REALLY HUGE". Needless to say, that made me feel like she was calling me "built like a linebacker" and somehow just not woman/feminine enough.

It was about to start bothering me when I realized the reason I dont tease the short women or say stuff like, "WOW! you're REALLY CHUBBY / ROUND LIKE A BALL" lol! is because I'm not envious of them. But they apparently are of us.
    So screw them. We'll wear our high heels and we'll be proud, ALL 10 ft of our womanly-self :)
  • View author's info Posted on Feb 18, 2010 at 03:07 AM

I often feel invisable in my ageing community. Many who are moving in are minorities that are smaller in stature and overtly ignore me no matter how polite, or patient I might be, or appreciate their culture. While I might not be fluent in the variety of languages I know enough when certain racial slurs are being openly used in my presence which is both humiliateing and sometimes frightening. What is especially painful is when men, even of my own race, assume that because I am not at petite that I am somehow less desireable or even wanting of their attention for anything more than a "commercial" relationship because I live in this changeing community. I can't understand why such size discrimination exists but it clearly does.
Follow - email me when people comment